Here is the syrup recipe that accompanies the Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramelized Apples.
If you have extra you can always just eat the rest with a spoon.
Apple Spice Syrup
Serves: Serves 8-12
- 4 C. Apple Juice
- 1 C. lightly packed Brown Sugar
- ¾ t. Cinnamon
- ½ t. Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ t. Ground Cloves
- ¼ C. Cornstarch
- ½ C. Apple juice
- Place 4 C. of Apple juice, the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a medium saucepan. Place on medium-high heat. When the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and ½ C. of apple juice. Mix until all lumps are removed.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the simmering apple juice while stirring. Stir well.
- The syrup will thicken in about 30 seconds. When it thickens, remove it from the heat and serve hot atop pancakes(or waffles, etc).