This Chocolate Cinnamon Espresso Bundt Cake is rich and decadent, with a tight crumb that is deceptively soft. Both the cake and the icing have a hit of espresso added that deepen the chocolate flavor, while the cinnamon warms it all up a bit.
I add a bit of corn syrup to the glaze for extra shine, but feel free to leave it out if you aren’t into it.
The biggest tip I have for making this cake it to not over bake it – it can get dry quickly, especially since it uses butter as part of the fat, so watch it close and pop it out as soon as it is ready!
Chocolate Cinnamon Espresso Bundt Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Serves 12-16
- 2 cups flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup dark cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup espresso
- 1 stick(8 tablespoons)butter, melted
- ⅓ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup kaluha
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped(60% cacao)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Coffee beans, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10 cup bunt mold.
- Place the flour, sugar, brown sugar, Cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, espresso, and Kahlúa, and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Spilled the mixture into the prepared Bundt pan and leveled the top. Drop on the countertop three times to force out any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert the Bundt cake onto a serving platter. Let Cake cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- Add the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan until simmering. Remove immediately and whisk in the espresso powder.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture over the chocolate in the bowl and let sit for one minute. Whisk until glossy and smooth. Add the corn syrup and whisk until completely combined and shiny.
- Pour the glaze over the cool Bundt cake and top with coffee beans.
Leave a Reply