I realize my last post was a bit intense on the prep work so I’m balancing things out today by giving you something super simple:
Fresh Herbed Garlic Butter.
I’ve tried all of the garlic spice mixes(powdered garlic, powdered onion, dried herbs, parmesan, all that jazz) but nothing is better than when you just get back to basics.
With all of the dried spices most of us have on hand at all times it’s easy to just reach into the cupboard and mix a few of them up but it’s never quite the same as the real, fresh ingredient.
You know what I’m saying?
I think my favorite thing on earth just might be a hot roll, brushed with this garlic butter.
Four ingredients and you are in garlic butter heaven. Butter, fresh Garlic, coarse salt, and chopped parsley, all infused together. This is as true to a salty garlicky butter as it gets.
My favorite part of it? The garlic isn’t cooked much past warming so you get to keep the amazing health benefits that raw garlic provides. Look it up, garlic is incredible!
Don’t be afraid to change it up, if you like! Rosemary would be soooo good in place of the parsley. Or a whole bunch of different fresh herbs combined would be great as well!
- 5 T. Butter
- 2 small Garlic cloves(put through a garlic press would be best, but you can mince them by hand or chop in a food processor)
- ½ t. Coarse Salt(Kosher or Sea Salt are best)
- 1 T. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and put on the stove over low heat until the butter has just melted.
- Remove from heat and let sit at least 10 minutes before brushing so that the flavors have a minute to infuse.
- (You could also place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and microwave them for about 30 seconds).
- Using a pastry brush, brush the butter over rolls just out of the oven.
- Allow the rolls to sit for a few minutes so the butter can soak in and then serve!