This salad is one of summers easiest and best. It’s so simple with a simple dressing to boot. Garlic and Lemon give it the zing while toasted slivered almonds add the crunch. Whenever I make this for dinner I find myself snacking on the leftovers for at least two days. Yes, it is so yummy that I will eat it even if the lettuce is a bit soggy. I think it’s the bacon.
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz. Smoked Bacon, diced and cooked until crisp.
- 1/2 c. Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 c. Swiss Cheese, grated
- 2 c. Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 c. Canola oil
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. Lemon Juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
For the dressing: In a seal-able container, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly and shake until the ingredients are combined. Chill until ready to use.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, tomatoes, and Swiss cheese. Pour half the dressing over the salad and then toss with tongs until the ingredients are well distributed and the dressing coats the salad. Add more dressing, if desired.
Leave a Reply