This has long since been one of my favorite desserts. Served chilled, these individual cakes are dense in texture and rich in flavor. I top mine with a white chocolate cream(for which the recipe is embarrassingly easy) and a fresh raspberry. To plate them individually, set them on top of a raspberry coulis for more raspberry flavor.
You can bake these cakes in muffin tins or 1/2 c. ramekins. For small servings(this cake is rich), I bake mine in mini bunt molds.
I promise these will be a hit anywhere you serve them! I sent my husband to work with a plate of them and he seemed quite upset that I didn’t save more for us to eat(meaning himself) =)
*This recipe is gluten free!
Ingredients(Chocolate Raspberry Cakes):
- 8 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 T. (1 3/4 sticks) Butter, diced
- 2 T. Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 6 1/2c. ramekins(arrange dishes on a baking sheet) or 9 Muffin tins.
- Place the chocolate, butter, and jam in a saucepan. Melt over medium/low heat, stirring well, until chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Divide the batter among prepared dishes. Bake cakes until a tester inserted into the center comes out with some moist batter still attached, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool. serve cakes warm, room temperature, or cold.
Ingredients(white chocolate cream):
- 10 oz. good quality White Chocolate Chips
- 16 oz. Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heat-safe bowl over a hot water bath. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Melt 1/2. c. of the whipped topping and whisk into the white chocolate *This will help the chocolate not to harden when the whipped topping is folded in.
- Add the remaining whipped topping to the mixture and gently, but quickly ford it into the chocolate. Chill the mixture, stirring it on occasion to help it set evenly.
- 1 c. fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 2 T. Sugar
- Place the raspberries and sugar in a small food processor. Puree until liquid. Strain the puree through a sieve and chill.