We have two peach trees in our front yard. One of them gave us three peaches this year.
I don’t know what happened. Maybe peach trees have off years? Last year it was full to the brim. Luckily, our other tree has given us quite a few. Almost more than we can use. Thanks to my little 6 month old, we won’t be putting any to waste as I have pureed and frozen about four months of little peach ice cubes. He LOVES peaches. I can’t tell you just how much I love the fact that his very first fruits have come from our own yard.
Doesn’t get better than that.
While my Finn may be eating his weight in peaches, I’m left with quite a few baskets full, even still. So, I’ll be making batch after batch of my favorite drink: Peach Lemonade.
I upped my peach lemonade game this time by adding in fresh squeezed carrot juice. The carrot juice flavor doesn’t cut through the peach flavor, but it gives it the most beautiful orange color and rounds all of the tangy flavors out.
You don’t have to juice your own carrots if you don’t own a juicer, bottled carrot juice will work as well. Or, you can throw carrots and peaches in a high speed blender, puree, and run through a fine mesh sieve to extract their juice.
Serve this lemonade over lots of ice because it is FLAVORFUL.
I think it’s the perfect way to send the summer off.
More Lemonade(because I apparently LOVE it):
- 6 carrots
- 3 large peaches
- 2 cups Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 2¾ cups Sugar, divided
- Water, for mixing
- Juice the carrots and peaches and place juice in a large saucepan with ¾ cup sugar. Bring just to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Pour into a container and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Place the lemon juice, 2 cups water, and 2 cups sugar in a large saucepan and bring just to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Pour into a large pitcher and chill for about 2 hours.
- To mix:Fill a pitcher half way full with ice. Pour half the lemon mixture into a pitcher. Pour half of the carrot/peach syrup over ice. Mix together and add water until desired strength is reached.
- Makes 2 pitchers of lemonade.