This could be the last drink of the summer. Can you believe that we’re almost to the end of July?
I’ve been dreading it all year, mostly for fear of aging purposes.
But lets not dwell on that. We have fabulous non-alchoholic lemon-based drinks to worry about!
And I shouldn’t say worry.
Worrying is not what you’ll be doing when drinking one of these peachy, tropical, frozen beauties:
COCONUT PEACH LEMONADE SLUSHIES
How could anyone have any cares when drinking something with the word “slushy” in it? I sure couldn’t.
As with several of my drinks, you don’t actually have to serve them layered. If you didn’t want to go to the trouble, you could just mix it all together and you’d still have an awesome drink.
But this one is super easy to layer anyway. Ice cubes are blended with coconut milk and cream of coconut for what I would consider a base of tropical heaven. Then a peach lemon simple syrup/puree is poured over the top.
Don’t you love those ripples of peach?
KITCHEN HACK OF THE DAY:
You can make a lemon/any other kind of fruit simple syrup following this simple formula:
1 C. Water + 1 C. Lemon juice + 1 C. Sugar
Bring to boil, dissolve sugar.
Blend with 2 C. Fruit. Any fruit.
Run through sieve.
And there are so many options. Peaches, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, nectarines,blackberries,strawberries,clementines, melons, apricots, so many great options!
- 1 C. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 C. Water
- 1⅓ C. Sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, pits removed
- 40 Ice Cubes
- 1¼ C. Coconut Milk
- ⅔ C. Cream of Coconut
- ¼ C. Water(if needed)
- Place the lemon juice, sugar, and 1 C. water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place the peaches in a blender. Pour the lemon syrup over them and puree until very smooth. Run the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove skins and pulp. Refrigerate until cold.
- Place ice cubes in a high speed blender. Add the coconut milk and cream of coconut and blend until smooth and slushy. You may have to stop the blender several times and push the ice down with a spoon. If you need more liquid, add water to the mixture.
- When coconut mixture is smooth, spoon it into 4-6 glasses.
- Pour the cold peach lemon syrup over the top, using a wooden skewer to help push a few lines of syrup down the inside sides of the glass.
Strawberry Coconut Lemonade
Peachy Mint sparkling Lemonade
Frozen Blackberry Basil Lemonade
Watermelon Cantaloupe Lemonade
Matt Robinson says
Beautiful shots, these look incredible. Love the summer flavors and wish I had one right now.
Allison T says
Your drink looks amazing! Perfect for hot summer days, here in Florida we still have another month or two of summer.
J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats says
The fruit syrup hack! I will use it all the time.
Do you need a high powered blender to make the coconut slushie or will a regular blender do the trick?
Simply gorgeous and made with three of my favorite things! Can’t wait to try this! Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Kayley!
Zainab @ Blahnik Baker says
Absolutely stunning refreshing drinks!!!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
this is just so perfect for summer.. definitely could kick back and relax with one of these slushies right now. they look seriously good!
Sarah @ SnixyKitchen says
EEK – July IS almost over! I’m quickly turning this bag of peaches into these refreshing slushies as soon as Lucas gets back from China. He’s going to be on cloud nine – slushies are his all-time favorite. Gorgeous, Kayley!
Eden Passante says
This looks so good! On top of sounds delicious, it looks so pretty too!