Alright, I’ll level with you. I’m tired. So tired. All I want is to lay around and eat chocolate cake all day.
The end is near. Of this pregnancy, anyway.
These little one minute brownies have been saving the day, lately. I’ve probably made them 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks. And I really can’t get over the fact that a brownie that takes a minute or two to throw together can taste as good as these do.
They have a perfectly dense, fudge-y texture and taste just like a brownie should. Rich, buttery, and chocolate-y. But you save 40 minutes in prep and baking time.
My favorite part? Well, besides the obvious minimal prep time.
The mini chocolate chips. They get all melt-y and gooey, but when you put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top(which you should, no if’s, and’s, or but’s) it firms up those melted bits of chocolate so that they give the brownie a nice variety in texture.
This recipe makes just one, individual brownie, but it’s easy to make several at once. Especially if you have a spouse that will want to steal a bit but you don’t share your desserts.
And I don’t share my desserts.
- ¼ C. Flour
- ¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Cocoa Powder
- ¼ t. Salt
- 2 T. Butter, melted
- 2 T. Milk
- ¼ t. Vanilla
- ½ T. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a medium sized mug or small microwave safe bowl. Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla to the mug and stir well with a fork, until no lumps remain. Take care to mix in any dry ingredients that may be on the sides and bottom of the mug.
- Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, to 1 minute 20 seconds(this will depend on how hot your microwave gets). Cake is done when there are no wet spots left on top.
- Top with vanilla ice cream for the best quick dessert ever!