I wasn’t actually planning on posting these bars. I just happened to make them one night because I was desperately in need of some sort of baked good loaded with chocolate chips. But they were SO good. I thought they should be called problem bars because I COULD NOT stop eating them.
These bars are great because all the ingredients are simple and you will likely have everything you need to make them on hand. Provided that you always keep a nice stock of chocolate chips in your pantry. They are a staple, after all. Right?
The ingredients are simple, they are so easy to throw together. The real problem comes in after they’ve baked. They are firm and chewy on the outside and the center is a little gooey and sticky. You probably won’t be able to keep your hands off them.
I will say that these are best the same day that they are baked. The gooey-ness tends to dissipate the longer they are stored. These would also make a great neighbor gift if you want to add a little bar to your cookie plates for a little variety.
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 C White Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 3 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1 t. Salt
- 1½ C. Rolled Oats
- 1½ C. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 C. Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Beat together the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and chunks and mix until well distributed.
- Press evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Watch them closely so that they will still be a touch gooey without being under-cooked. Bars should be golden brown on the top and will give a little when touched in the middle.
Recipe via Mommy Octopus
Tina @ Just Putzing Around the Kitchen says
Looooooove these! Also, loving the fact that when you crave things with chocolate chips in them, you actually go and bake delicious cookie bars – when I have a similar craving, I just eat chocolate chips out of the bag….
Haha. Thanks Tina! I wish I had the self control you do then…your way seems healthier! I end up with the chocolate AND a lot of butter and sugar. Weak.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I seriously am just loving everything about these cookie bars. They definitely are a delicious sweet treat that I need to make for myself! Pinned!
Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen says
I love that these are made with ingredients that I have in my kitchen right now! The combination of chocolate and white chocolate chips looks incredible. Pinned!