Most kids ask for a cake on their birthday. Something grand covered in piles of frosting and mountains of sprinkles.
Not me. Ever since I was a little girl there was only one dessert that I ever wanted for my birthday…
These Mini Cherry Cheesecakes.
And so each year, my Mom would make them for my birthday.
Little individual cheesecakes with a Nilla Wafer bottom, glossy sweet red cherry top, and a little tangy sour cream surprise baked into the center. My perfect dessert.
Now that I’m grown, I’ve asked my husband if maybe he’ll carry on the tradition and make me these for my birthday this year. I can’t wait for July! But I think we’ll have a few practice runs with these before it gets here. You know, to make sure that everything goes smoothly. 😉
Just kidding. I want more cheesecake.
- 2 Pkg.(16 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅔ C. Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 18 Nilla Wafers
- 18 t. Sour Cream(6 T. or about ⅓ C.)
- 1 Can Cherry Topping(or any flavor desired)
- Mint leaves, for garnish(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 muffin tins with 18 cupcake liners. Place 1 Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each liner.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and lump free.
- Add the sugar and beat together with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing in each until smooth and scraping down the edges after each addition.
- Mix in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Divide the mixture between the wafer filled cupcake liners.
- Place 1 teaspoon of sour cream in the center of each cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool.
- Remove from the muffin tins and refrigerate until cold.
- Top each cheesecake with cherry topping.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, if desired.