This bread pudding has a double shot of peaches with a tangy, salty/sweet caramel sauce soaked through it as well as being studded with fresh, seasonal slices of peach. Custard enveloped slices of bread with a hint of vanilla combined with all that peachy goodness make for one perfect early fall dessert!
While you’re still looking for something to do with all of those fresh peaches, why not give this peachy caramel bread pudding a try?
If you saw last weeks post, then you saw the peach caramel sauce that accompanies this bread pudding. It MAKES it.
I’m not really one for cooked fruit in my desserts, with the exception of some pies, but seasonal peaches are just perfect in this bread pudding. So, I guess I’ve made an exception for this dessert too.
You could definitely eat this dessert on its own, as is, when it comes out of the oven. But the best way to eat it(and I’ve tried multiple ways….uh….just wanting to be a super good taste tester for all of you!) is to let it cool slightly and then top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and more of that peach caramel sauce.
The peach caramel sauce recipe makes plenty of caramel, so you’ll have more than enough to use it in the puddings, on the puddings, and even have a little left over for other uses.
If you didn’t want to go to the trouble of making individual puddings, you could easily just throw everything together in a 9×9 pan instead….just increase the cook time by about 10 minutes or so.
I also like to eat these chilled. There is something about that cold, thick, creamy custard that just gets me every time.
What about you? Do you like your bread pudding hot or cold?
- 1 recipe Peach Caramel Sauce
- 12 Slices White Bread
- 3 Large Peaches, skin removed, pitted, and sliced
- 4 oz. Butter, Melted
- 4 Eggs
- ⅓ C. Sugar
- ¼ t. Salt
- ½ t. Vanilla
- 2 C. Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large baking dish(you may need two dishes to have enough room) with 1 " of hot water. Place in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Tear the bread up into 1" cubes. Place in a large bowl with the sliced peaches and toss together.
- Divide the bread and peaches up between 8 ramekins, packing them lightly.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the bread and peaches, dividing between the 8 ramekins.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and heavy cream until smooth.
- Divide the cream mixture between the ramekins, allowing the bread mixture time to soak up the liquid before adding more to each, as needed.
- Drizzle about 2-3 T. of peach caramel on top of each pudding.
- Let puddings sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the ramekins in the water-filled baking dishes in the oven, carefully sliding out the oven rack to do so. Push rack back in and let the puddings bake for 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked and slightly golden brown on top.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and more peach caramel sauce drizzled on top.
This looks soooooooo good! I want to lick my screen….
Sarah @ SnixyKitchen says
These photos are GORGEOUS, Kayley! I’m with Tina, licking the screen. 😉
Thank you Sarah!
Umm Haneefah @The Halal Gourmet says
All I can really do is echo the sentiment in the previous comments. This looks good enough to secretly make and eat in the same way.
Haha, Thank you! =)
Hi there! Any advice if I want to try to make this (or part of it) ahead of time! Would love to do a little less work Christmas morning!
Assemble on Christmas Eve,refrigerate, and bake it in the morning! 🙂