So, I am a lame-o. I know.
I haven’t posted in a while and that’s not cool.
But I have a pretty good excuse. Maybe I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.
But in the mean time, let me try and make it up to you with these:
BANANA BREAD WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP BLUEBERRY GLAZED MUFFINS
I took a banana bread muffin recipe that I love, added white chocolate chips, turned them into muffins and dipped them in a simple fresh blueberry glaze.
And they are SO good. Definitely my favorite muffin so far. Well, maybe they share a spot with THESE.
I just can’t get over how beautiful the color blueberries give off when cooked is.
I want to blueberry glaze everything.
I love this batter because it holds those white chocolate chips up so well.
No sinking burnt white chocolate here!
And these muffins are crazy soft. Not too dense, not too fluffy. Just pure perfection.
KITCHEN HACK OF THE DAY:
BANANA MASHING MADE EASY!
Place your overripe bananas in a Ziploc bag and seal it shut, pushing out the air as you do so. Then simply squish those suckers with your hands! Snip the tip of the bag off with scissors and squeeze out the mashed bananas into your bowl. So easy, virtually no mess, and it saves your hands the pain of all that fork mashing!
- ½ C. Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 t. Almond Extract
- 2½ C Flour
- 1½ t. Baking Powder
- 1½ t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed, about 1 C. (see mashing tip in post)
- 1 C. Coconut Milk
- 1½ C. White Chocolate Chips
- ½ C. Blueberries
- 2 T. Water
- 2 C. + Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place 24 baking wrappers in the wells of two muffin tins.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Add the mashed banana to the mixture and mix in well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Add half the coconut milk and mix in. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix in, then add in the remaining milk and mix just until combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix in until just distributed.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For the blueberry glaze:
- Placed the blueberries and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer on high heat, stirring with a rubber spatula until the berries burst and are a deep purple.
- Remove from heat and push the blueberries through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar, then working 1 T. at a time, add water and whisk in until the glaze is smooth and reaches the desired consistency.
- Dip the tops of the cooled muffins in the blueberry glaze.
Banana Bread recipe adapted from Fat Girl Trapped In a Skinny Body