Lemon seems to find it’s way into everything I make these days and this zucchini muffin recipe is no exception. Plain zucchini muffins seem like a good autumn treat, but add lemon and BAM! You have a perfectly fresh, Springtime muffin.
These muffins are so, so soft thanks to the coconut milk and zucchini. They are dairy free and have a light lemon flavor. They bake up just fluffy enough and sport some pretty great muffin tops, if I do say so myself. Nothing makes me happier than a perfectly rounded muffin top. On a muffin, that is.
The glaze is thick and creamy and just lemony enough without being too tart. I am over at Just Between Friends today as well, so click HERE to get the recipe or see the link in the recipe itself.
- 1¾ Cup Flour
- 2½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ C. Canola or Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Zucchini, Grated
- 1 recipe Lemon Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the wells of a non-stick muffin tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon zest, and egg. Add in the oil and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Mix half of the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients.
- Mix in the coconut milk.
- Mix in the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the grated zucchini and stir in until just distributed.
- Divide the batter between 10 muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Once cool, glaze the top of each muffin with a spoonful of Lemon Glaze.