This is one of my favorite pureed soups and is SO refreshing served chilled in the summertime. Try chilled, topped with sour cream and diced apples(tossed in lemon juice) during the spring and summer. In the fall and winter months, serve hot drizzled with cream and caramelized apples(add a dash of cinnamon!).
This soup is also VERY healthy, made almost entirely of pureed veggies and chicken stock.Ingredients: Serves 8.
- 5 T. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 c. Shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Leeks, sliced(bulb and lower leaf portion only)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6 c. Carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 T. Sugar
- 1 T. Kosher Salt
- 8 c. Chicken Stock
- 3 c. Carrot Juice
- 3 T. Grated Ginger, juice extracted and reserved. Discard remaining solids.
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Apples, peeled and diced(small). Toss with lemon juice to preserve color